Guide: Shopify or WordPress (WooCommerce)?
Several have asked us what system to use to start a webshop. We have passed the relay to Latasha Smith and Steve Man Which are expert and , specializing in Shopify and WordPress.
In the article, Latasha and Steve will deal with:
- Differences on the two systems
- Shopify – What is it?
- WordPress – what is it?
- General considerations.
- Buy a domain and a webhotel, where you can then install WordPress. Most web hotels have a “1-click installer”.
- Then select a template and install a handful of plugins. You can both get free themes, but we recommend that you find a payment for 50-60USD.
- After you have your WordPress setup in place, install WooCommerce to get all the webshop features.
- Finally, when WooCommerce is installed, you must set up various details, such as payment solutions, products, VAT codes, etc.
- A solution where everything is gathered in one package, where you can build functional webshops from the bottom.
- The system is very user-friendly and you can do it on your own.
- You pay monthly. Prices start from DKK 129 per person. month.
- transaction fees
- You can sell everything: Physical goods, services, digital products, and dropshipping.
- Can be paired with your physical store with their Point of Sale integration.
- Support all weekdays – 24 hours a day.
- A hosted solution.
- Free SSL Certificate.
- Ability to integrate apps.
- A solution with everything gathered in a software. You can make what kind of website you want if you can handle the technical set-up.
- Depending on how much you want to customize the website, it requires knowledge of programming.
- WordPress and WooCommerce are free. However, you must buy domain and webhotel.
- Several thousand templates to choose from: Free and paid versions.
- Many options with third party plugins.
- No direct support.
- Good opportunities to sell products on subscription.